Tuesday 29 March 2011

3D Modelling - An update

Just a quick update to show what I've done in the 3D modelling unit of my Games Design course as I've mentioned it in the past but it was at an early stage and therefore couldn't show my work... so I guess now I'd better do it. My 3D model is of my rubber duck that I received from my friend Matthew for my 18th birthday... and it is a very large rubber duck! The 3D model itself it pretty good, it could be a better but considering that this is my first real experience with 3D modelling at all I'm quite proud... also it's not quite done yet and needs touching up a bit.

From doing this I have come to realise that I appear to be a bit of a Jack-of-all trades in this course but a master of none (except for perhaps inventing stories and ideas where I am definitely above average (no arrogance intended)) as in all my units I am doing well at them but don't shine in relation to others - Tom Weaver in particular is a very good artist, Joe Kinglake is a brilliant coder and Tom White is an expert 3D modeller (look at their blogs... they're very good).

So yea, here's my duck.
So there we have it... a rubber duck... the main things that need work are blending his head and body together and making his wings more prominent and defined.
So anyways, 'til next time - that's all folks!
------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Kinglake's Blog - http://joe-kinglake.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. 3D animations have been a necessary part of every industry in the market and it is now essential for the students that they learn every aspect of best paper writing service and for the government is is necessary that they make IT education compulsory for the betterment of their economy so that a lot of money can be saved which can automatically be donated to the education department.

    ReplyDelete